Candidate Endorsements: 2021 Primaries
We will be holding the 33rd Legislative District Democrats’ Virtual Endorsement Meeting on Zoom on Saturday, June 26th at 1pm!
PCOs and Voting Members, please RSVP as soon as possible.
We will be adding candidate statements to the site as they arrive.
Who is a Voting Member? A voting member of the 33rd LD Democrats is defined per bylaws as all PCOs, all non-PCO members in good standing (whose dues are current), and all Youth members.
Please note: To be an eligible (non-Youth) Voting Member in time for this endorsement meeting, you must have paid dues by June 1, 2021. Any new members paying dues between June 2 and June 26 unfortunately will not be eligible to vote in time for the meeting, due to the mandatory 25-day waiting period.
Our endorsement process will be conducted as follows.
- The 33rd LD Democrats will be able to review statements (text or video) from candidates here and discuss endorsements during a virtual endorsement meeting on Saturday, June 26th at 1pm. Zoom details will be shared just ahead of the meeting.
- Voting will take place via Google Forms using an authentication code. Forms and the code will be provided in a subsequent email, and during the meeting.
- The first motion will be to endorse Democratic candidates in unopposed races.
- Next, endorsement motions will be considered by race, in the following order:
- Metropolitan King County Proposition 1 – Best Start for Kids Renewal
- King County Executive
- King County Council, District 5
- Port of Seattle: Commissioner, Positions 3 and 5
- Municipal races:
- Normandy Park
- Des Moines
- School Board races:
- Kent School District Directors
- Federal Way School District Directors
- Highline School District Directors
- Public Hospital Commission: District 1
- Only Voting Members may make Endorsement Motions.
- Voting Members of the 33rd LD Democrats are defined per bylaws as all PCOs, all non-PCO members whose dues are paid and have passed a 25-day waiting period, and all Youth members.
- Any candidate receiving 2/3 majority yea for endorsement will receive an endorsement from the 33rd LD Democrats.
Looking forward to seeing you!